:

Father-Son Breakfast to benefit plan for all-boys school

Ricardo Belgrave and Ruben Stewart III are looking to promote father-son relationships while working toward a new way to educate the area’s boys.
The pair are still trying to make their dream of an Atlantic City-based all-boys school after their charter was rejected last year.
They believe the Frederick Douglass School for Boys could still work as a charter school is they reapply next year. If not, they aim to go private in 2020.
The Father-Son Breakfast set for Feb. 17 at the Atlantic City Sheraton will benefit those goals.
“The theme this year is perseverance,” Stewart said of the breakfast. “We have been through a lot last year, but the goal remains the same. Sometimes obstacles get put in your way, but you cannot let them stop you.”
http://breakingac.com/charter-rejection-wont-stop-push-for-all-boys-school-in-atlantic-city/ 


Fathers and father figures are invited to bring boys to the breakfast, which “is to promote positive relationships between fathers and sons in the Atlantic City area,” Belgrave said.
Part of the funds will go toward the application to become tax exempt.
Tickets are $30 for a father and son, $40 for a father and two sons and $50 for a father with three or four sons. Each addition son is $10.
Speakers will include Coach Michael Bailey, Atlantic City Councilman Kaleem Shabazz and the Rev. Willie Dwayne Francois III of Mount Zion Baptist Church in Pleasantville.
Tickets can be purchased via email at amdfi2016@gmail.com or the Frederick Douglass School for Boys Facebook page.

Advertisements