:

Air conditioning unit sparks Atlantic City house fire

Atlantic City firefighters battled a fire on Grant Avenue late Friday afternoon.
The woman inside evacuated after a neighbor alerted her that her air conditioner was smoking, Fire Chief Scott Evans said.
It is believed the fire was started by a possible short-circuit in the unit, according to preliminary investigation.
A nearby trash bin also caught fire, Evans said.
The call came in at about 2:40 p.m. and the fire was under control by 3:30 p.m., Evans said.
He said there were concerns that the fire would travel horizontally to the row house next door.
“There was a lot of smoke in the adjacent home,” he said.
But firefighters were able to contain it.
An older couple who lived in the home was displaced.
Engines 2 and 3, Rescue One and Ladder 1 responded to the fire, which was two blocks from the firehouse.

 

 

 

Advertisements