Advertisements

Firefighters evacuate Atlantic City resident who fell asleep cooking

Firefighters had to force their way into an apartment Thursday night after the resident fell asleep while cooking, Fire Chief Scott Evans said.
The 11th-floor apartment at 145 S. Rhode Island Ave. was filled with smoke when firefighters arrived, Evans said.
They forced their way into the apartment and took out the occupant, who was taken to the hospital, Evans said.
The fire was contained to the stove area, he said.

Advertisements