The coronavirus contributed to six Atlantic County deaths, health officials said they confirmed over the past two days.
The deaths were a 61-year-old woman from Galloway Township, 65-year-old Northfield woman, 69-year-old Atlantic City man, 89-year-old Pleasantville woman, 91-year-old Buena Borough woman, and a 96-year-old Northfield man.
All had underlying health conditions. Three lived in long-term care facilities.
The new positives included a 6-year-old girl and 15-year-old boy.
Hammonton, which accounts for nearly 20 percent of the county’s 2,915 cases, confirmed an additional eight residents.
The other newly confirmed cases included five each from Egg Harbor Township and Pleasantville, two each from Atlantic City and Galloway, Hamilton and Mullica townships, and one each from Absecon, Brigantine, Margate and Somers Point.
There have been 1,466 people cleared as recovered. The virus has now been linked to 203 deaths in the county.
Atlantic County will continue to provide COVID-19 testing by appointment for symptomatic county residents with a doctor’s prescription from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday in Northfield behind the county’s public works yard at Route 9 and Dolphin Avenue. Appointments can be made online at www.aclink.org.
TOTAL BREAKDOWN BY MUNICIPALITY
- Hammonton: 572, 50 deaths
- Atlantic City: 366, 12 deaths
- Pleasantville: 340, 17 deaths
- Galloway Township: 330, 29 deaths
- Egg Harbor Township: 313, 21 deaths
- Hamilton Township: 203, four deaths
- Absecon: 188, 20 deaths
- Northfield: 140, 26 deaths
- Linwood: 76, 11 deaths
- Somers Point: 61
- Ventnor: 55, three deaths
- Buena Borough: 49, three deaths
- Buena Vista Township: 41, one death
- Mullica Township: 37, one death
- Brigantine: 31, one death
- Egg Harbor City: 30, two deaths
- Margate: 26, one death
- Folsom: 18
- Weymouth: 16, one death
- Estell Manor: 8
- Port Republic: 4
- Longport: 3
- Corbin City: 1
- Unclear: 7*