A retired U.S. Army administrative assistant and player for the Negro Baseball League became received the 100,000th vaccination at Atlantic City’s megasite this week.
James Plummer, 90, got his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at the Atlantic City Convention Center on Thursday, administered by nurse Kaleena Ellis, one of the site’s team leaders.
Anita Robinson brought her father to his appointment and was also vaccinated.
Plummer was excited to take a big step toward being able to interact with the congregants at Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, where he has been a deacon for 60 years.
Since opening Jan. 22, the megasite has administered more than 3,000 vaccines each day.
AtlantiCare is hoping to soon reach 6,000 people each day, with an initiative to reach elderly residents and underserved populations.
Plummer made his appointment thanks to AtlantiCare’s Legacy Employee Resource Group, which works to ensure those being served at the megasite are diverse and inclusive.
Ellis has been part of AtlantiCare’s Vaccination Megasite Care Team for seven weeks.
On Friday, Atlantic County reported 95 newly confirmed cases, with no new deaths. The youngest were a 1-year-old boy and 3-year-old girl.
There have been 12,258 patients confirmed cleared from isolation. Atlantic County has had 572 deaths.
TOTAL BREAKDOWN BY MUNICIPALITY
(as of Friday, March 19)
- Egg Harbor Township: 4158; 65 deaths
- Galloway Township: 2960; 95 deaths
- Atlantic City: 2955; 72 deaths
- Pleasantville: 2440; 57 deaths
- Hamilton Township: 2101; 27 deaths
- Hammonton: 1784; 72 deaths
- Absecon: 1100; 41 deaths
- Northfield: 840; 39 deaths
- Somers Point: 711, 12 deaths
- Ventnor: 715; 15 deaths
- Linwood: 511; 28 deaths
- Brigantine: 518; five deaths
- Egg Harbor City: 462; 11 deaths
- Buena Vista Township: 457; six deaths
- Margate: 411; 12 deaths
- Buena Borough: 390; eight deaths
- Mullica Township: 294; six deaths
- Weymouth: 144; four deaths
- Folsom: 125
- Estell Manor: 83
- Longport: 50; one death
- Port Republic: 20; one death
- Corbin City: 17
- Undetermined: 2