Atlantic City’s vaccination megasite went a little Upside Down this week.
Gaten Matarazzo, one of the stars of Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” got his second dose against COVID-19 at the site the Convention Center.
An Ocean County native, Matarazzo took to Instagram to share his experience and encourage others to get vaccinated.
“Round two! Fully vaccinated!” he wrote, accompanied by pictures of him getting his shot and then posing with some of the site’s staff.
Matarazzo also used his post to get the news out that the site is continuing to accept walk-ins.
Anyone coming in between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. now through May 1 will not need an appointment. They will be see on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
Those who make appointments through vaccination.atlanticare.org will be prioritized. Residents are encouraged to try that way, as appointment slots have continued to open up.
Eligibility for the vaccine is now open to anyone 16 or older. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone younger than 18.
Atlantic County reported 42 newly confirmed cases Monday, including a 5-year-old boy and 16-year-old girl. There were no new deaths.
“We encourage all members of the community to get vaccinated,” said Sherrie Bragg, MSN, RN, who is clinical facility manager of the megasite. “As we approach Mother’s and Father’s days, graduations, and other spring and summer events and celebrations, being vaccinated and practicing other precautions are key to preventing spread of COVID. We prefer individuals schedule their appointment online. However, we are offering walk-in appointments as a convenience to our community.”
TOTAL BREAKDOWN BY MUNICIPALITY
(as of Monday, April 26)
- Egg Harbor Township: 4730; 71 deaths
- Atlantic City: 3471; 87 deaths
- Galloway Township: 3428; 105 deaths
- Pleasantville: 2830; 68 deaths
- Hamilton Township: 2740; 35 deaths
- Hammonton: 1957; 77 deaths
- Absecon: 1224; 42 deaths
- Northfield: 917; 40 deaths
- Ventnor: 833; 17 deaths
- Somers Point: 826, 14 deaths
- Brigantine: 612; six deaths
- Linwood: 573; 28 deaths
- Buena Vista Township: 519; six deaths
- Egg Harbor City: 511; 11 deaths
- Margate: 438; 12 deaths
- Buena Borough: 438; eight deaths
- Mullica Township: 348; six deaths
- Weymouth: 183; four deaths
- Folsom: 134
- Estell Manor: 101, one death
- Longport: 54; one death
- Port Republic: 20; one death
- Corbin City: 17
- Undetermined: 2