breakingac banner

Four more girls charged in connection with Atlantic City Boardwalk robbery

Four Atlantic City girls have been charged in the robbery of a Boardwalk store last month that ended with the owner dead.
Mahmood Ansari collapsed during the April 1 robbery, when a 12-year-old boy allegedly brandished a knife during the robbery.
He did not regain consciousness.
No one has been charged in the death.
The boy and a 14-year-old girl were charged with robbery at the time.
Further investigation has now led to charges against four girls, including an 11-year-old from the city, Atlantic County Prosecutor Damon Tyner said.
Two 14-year-olds and a 15-year-old were also charged Sunday.
They not only are connected to the robbery at Ansari’s store, but other criminal activity prior to the final incident, Tyner said.
The death led to protests from the Boardwalk storeowners who said their concerns about juveniles attacking their stores have been ignored.
Tyner lauded the work that led to the recent arrests.
“I want to commend the Atlantic City Police Department for their effort in handling this matter,” he said. “They have not only worked hard to identify those responsible and hold them accountable, but they have also worked hard to bridge the gaps between two communities, so that everyone feels safe.”
The investigation has been a top priority, interim Officer in Charge James Sarkos said.
“We know that this investigation is very important to our community,” he said. “Our detectives have diligently and expeditiously worked with our partners from the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office to hold each individual accountable who were involved in these crimes.”

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email

BREAKING AC VIDEO