breakingac banner

Atlantic City home invasion suspect arrested in Florida

A man accused in the shooting of a woman during an Atlantic City home invasion has been arrested in Florida.
Richard Ortiz, 19, is one of two men who broke into the home in Chelsea Court around 2 p.m. Oct. 7, according to the charges.
Officers responding to the home found a 22-year-old woman was shot during the robbery, Lt. Kevin Fair said.
Her injury was not life-threatening.
Ortiz, who lives in Orlando, Fla., was arrested last week on unrelated charges, Fair said.
Charges in counties there include third-degree grand theft and several weapons offenses, including carrying a concealed weapon by a convicted delinquent, according to Orange County jail records.
In Atlantic County, Ortiz is charged with robbery, burglary, three counts of aggravated assault, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, theft and conspiracy.
He is in the Orange County jail awaiting extradition to Atlantic County.
The second man has not yet been arrested or publicly named.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Violent Crimes Unit at 609-347-5766. Information may also be texted anonymously to tip411 (847411), beginning the text with ACPD. 

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email

BREAKING AC VIDEO